Thursday, December 13, 2012

unexpected recognition.

I recently just graduated from Des Moines Area Community College, and it has been a very interesting year and a half. It's amazing how much I've grown and matured since leaving high school. I was in my safe bubble back then, and now I've experienced living on my own, allowing me to make my own decisions and to discover my own conclusions about an ocean of subjects.

While at DMACC I accomplished a lot by getting involved. It was a great environment and I met many wonderful people there! But recently one sticks out in particular...

I organized an Honors dinner earlier this month, and a fellow Honors student as a graduation gift gave me, of all things, a haiku dollar bill! I was thrilled to see the idea catching on, and receiving it was a treat!


"They look up to you,
And surely they look as small,
Feed my grasshoppers."


Sometimes when you least expect it, someone shines a little light into your life. They tell you wonderful things that make you feel worth while and special. Cainon did this for me, and I can't put into words what it meant to know that Christ has impacted my life in such a way that others have noticed. I am who I am today not because of anything I've done, rather what Christ did for me. It's in moments like these when I see Christ's work in my life become real.

Cainon finished his letter with this statement, "I hope that you continue to seek out meaning and purpose with unsatisfiable contentment."

Unsatisfiable contentment...such great word choices. I think that's another reason why I want to do this project this coming year. I don't want to go through life satisfied and content in my situation. I continually want to be challenged and seeking out my purpose in Christ. 

Get pumped for the new year because it's going to be a wild ride doing this! I'm excited for how God will use this for his glory, and to meet some really fantastic people along the way. 

Merry Christmas and remember the reason for the season!

No comments:

Post a Comment